Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Now that I have officially lost my mind...

I am currently sitting in my second class of the day, at a level of consciousness that should certainly register alarm on the Glasgow coma scale. Two tests down, one more to go tomorrow before my week settles down. This seemed like the optimal time to update you all on where I am and what God's been doing.

I know I have lost touch with many of you since my time in Africa. I may have exchanged e-mails at some point with others of you, but whatever end of the communication spectrum you are on, I'd love to share with you more regularly regarding what God is doing in my life and hear back from you about ways that He is at work in your life or how I can be in prayer for you! Why should overseas missionaries have all the blogging fun? Those of us who are following Christ here in the US of A are missionaries too- and Lord knows we are certainly needed!

Anyway, I digress. Hereafter, the update. :-) I moved back to Bemidji in late summer of 2006. I had the opportunity to travel to Afghanistan via the United Arab Emirates and a return journey to Tanzania to visit fellow missionaries, students, and friends for the month of October that year. This was an amazing time of confirmation of God's future calling upon my life to return to the nation of Afghanistan one day. After coming back to Bemidji that November, I have been in the throes of nursing school where I just finished my LPN schooling and licensure test and am now in the midst of the RN school whirlwind. I will graduate in May of 2008 (God-willing!) and am currently looking at moving down to the twin cities after spending a last summer with my family.

In my posts from here on out, I will share more of how God has been moving here in Bemidji, what He's been teaching me, and how you can pray. I'd LOVE to hear from all of you! Please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you are up to and what I can be praying for! If you leave the comment anonymously, don't forget to sign your name! I love you guys and I have missed communicating with you more frequently. Despite my best hopes and intentions for phone calls, the internet seems to be the best way to accomplish that.

3 comments:

Carley said...

Yea! I like getting updates from friends. :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Twin Cities?! I have a better proposition... move to CO coz there's mountains, good beer and most of all.... ME!

phat_actress said...

I love you and miss you soooo much....and think about you often :) I can't wait to see you soon (yay!)