Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Resurrecting the Jewish Jesus




I am officially obsessed.

Since my trip to Israel with my father last year, I have been increasingly passionate about learning about Jewish traditions, culture, and perspective in order to better understand my Lord Jesus, who, though often removed from his historical context in the church today, was indeed, Jewish.

My dear friend Kaitlyn loaned me a book last year that has been an additional catalyst for my newfound obsession. It is called King of the Jews: Resurrecting the Jewish Jesus. I have so enjoyed getting the perspective of Messianic Jews on who Jesus (Yeshua) was and what He taught as He walked this earth. This book along with seeing amazing aspects of early first century life in Israel while I was there last year have led me to begin an indepth study called "Torah Club" (http://ffoz.org/torahclub/), a year-by-year 5 year study of the entire Bible from a messianic jewish perspective. Yes, I did say 5 years, and yes, maybe better me than you, but I am SO excited! Anyone want to join me? ;-)

No comments: