Hello dear family and friends.
I am currently sitting in the Dubai airport awaiting my flight to London Gatwick, where I will have a quick visit with three of my British friends and then return to the States on the night of the 28th. I cannot believe my time in India is over already. Time is a funny thing. In some ways it can seem to drag on and on forever and at other times, it feels like you blink and a season has passed.
The last few days in India were wonderful, although they were also very busy. I worked steadily in the ICCU with Erica to bring organization prior to my departure. We also had the wonderful privilege of teaching one of the classes of 2nd and 3rd year students at the school of nursing. The time was brought to a beautiful completion last night by getting mahindi once again with Sushma, having a party with her and her boyfriend Sudip, and then having a worship/prayer time with some of my fellow volunteer friends. I've grown to love these people, and even as I leave, I am asking the Lord for another opportunity for our paths to cross. If the Lord opened the door to return to India, I'd be on the plane in a heartbeat.
My boarding announcement is floating over the intercom, so I should wrap this up for the time being. I will write more about my last few days in India and post-reflections on the month when I return home, but I thank you once again for your continued prayers and I will look forward with sharing more indepth with many of you face-to-face.
No comments:
Post a Comment