In mid-February, Charle's and I took a 5 day trip to Pine Island on the west coast of Florida. We stayed at an incredible bed and breakfast where I got up early every morning to watch the dolphins and manatees swim past the dock. We also ate a lot of great fish and local fruit, went on a boat trip, and simply enjoyed the beauty of creation. These pictures form the top 12 compilation of photos from our trip:
1. My hubby and me
2. Our bed and breakfast on Matlacha Bay, Pine Island.
3. The dock that I spent hours on.... :-) Oh blessed Vitamin D!
4. The signature footprint of the manatee. I must have seen more than 50 of these in the time we were here.

6. There was a huge osprey nest right off the balcony of our third floor room. We had lots of time to sit and watch mom and dad care for their 3 babes.

7. Standing out on the main balcony with our host watching for more nature sightings.

8. On our day trip via boat to Cayo Costa State Park in the Gulf of Mexico

9. We LOVE the beach. (No idea why Charle's is making that face! :-) Maybe he just saw a shark.)

10. Watching the "professional shell collectors" made me think about John Piper's sermon/book, "Don't Waste Your Life". He talks often of people wasting their retirement collecting shells. I spent a lot of time while we were at the beach that day asking the Lord to help me treasure Him so that I can resist the lure of comfort, ease, and security that permeates our culture. I realized that ONLY in treasuring Him will we ever choose the way of the cross over the way of the world.
5. Dolphins.... these ones are off the shore of Sanibel Island where we made a day trip.
6. There was a huge osprey nest right off the balcony of our third floor room. We had lots of time to sit and watch mom and dad care for their 3 babes.
7. Standing out on the main balcony with our host watching for more nature sightings.
8. On our day trip via boat to Cayo Costa State Park in the Gulf of Mexico
9. We LOVE the beach. (No idea why Charle's is making that face! :-) Maybe he just saw a shark.)
10. Watching the "professional shell collectors" made me think about John Piper's sermon/book, "Don't Waste Your Life". He talks often of people wasting their retirement collecting shells. I spent a lot of time while we were at the beach that day asking the Lord to help me treasure Him so that I can resist the lure of comfort, ease, and security that permeates our culture. I realized that ONLY in treasuring Him will we ever choose the way of the cross over the way of the world.
11. The CRAZY beach at Fort Myers. We spent a total of 1 hour here (most of it trying to escape the crowds at a Greek restaurant) and were exceedingly glad that we were staying somewhere far away from this never-ending party.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had so much fun Erin!
Post a Comment