Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 14 Postponed...

Hello faithful friends and blog readers!

As you may have noticed, I have not yet posted Day 14's study on Jesus as the Messiah. Honestly, that is because I'm still hung up with Jesus as the Prince of Peace. I feel like I've needed an extra dose of peace today. My hubby and I are in the process of moving. I had two appointments, one of which Charles and I were late for because I got us lost. I wanted to get several things done before I go to work this weekend. With all of these things, I see how quickly I lose peace. When my external circumstances become stressful, I find out all too rapidly whether or not I'm living in the peace that passes all understanding that Christ gives, that peace which transcends circumstances, or if I've just been living in the peace that the world gives and just as quickly takes away. And honestly, the results are not very favorable most of the time. I guess that means I need to ask the Lord for challenging circumstances more often so that I'm forced to learn that Christ is the Prince of Peace. That's one of those prayers I'll barely be able to stammer out, as I know the Lord will answer it and I'll be tempted to whine.

On top of my continued preoccupation with Jesus as the Prince of Peace, I must confess that just beginning to think about Jesus as the Messiah makes my head spin! There's so much to that proclamation that I'm not even sure where to start in understanding this! We may be on that title for a couple of days, my friends. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. :-)

Either way, if you went ahead and meditated on Jesus as the Messiah, I'm sure there's more that the Lord can teach you about it tomorrow. If you, like me, needed a bit more time on the Prince of Peace, we'll start with Messiah tomorrow too. And if you just needed a reprieve or time to catch up, welcome back and hope you are rested up and ready to keep learning.

No comments: