It has been almost a month and a half since the birth of our precious daughter Makafui (whom we affectionately refer to as Kafui). This time has been marked by great transition, way too many hormones, and on occasion, severe exhaustion, but it has been wonderful. We have indeed been blessed with a beautiful little girl. (We have created a shutterfly site at http://thekossivis.shutterfly.com for pictures. It is password protected, as we do not want just anyone having an insider's view of our daughter. As such, if you are interested in viewing it, leave a comment or e-mail me and I'll send you the password.)
I am currently in the midst of an 8 week maternity leave, and must confess that I am not looking forward to going back. I never thought I would want to be a stay-at-home mom. Too confining, I figured. (Of course, I also never thought I wanted to be a mom. Goes to show how accurate my thoughts are. :-)) But, now that I am faced with the reality of returning to work soon, the vision of living on a farm raising and home-schooling 8 kids to love Jesus is sounding more and more appealing.
In this time of new motherhood, God has not ceased to speak to me. He has shown me that middle of the night wake-up calls are a blessing that He has sovereignly ordained in order that I might spend more time in prayer. He has lovingly whispered gentle reminders to my frustrated and exhausted soul to treasure every moment holding this little one because before I know it, these days will end. He has told both Charle's and I that parenthood is no excuse to not train ourselves unto godliness. We must militantly fight for time to study, meditate, and reflect upon the Word; to pray; to evangelize; to invest in preparation for His kingdom. And as He has led us to become day-by-day more faithful to this training, He has not failed to use it to speak to us, challenge us, and grant us opportunities that show us His sovereign goodness.
We are blessed. That's about all the update I can give.
3 comments:
I'd love to see some pictures!
I would love to see pictures also!!
I would also love to see pictures, Erin.
Post a Comment