Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Extravaganza 2008

Hello and Merry Christmas beloved family and friends!

This year has been quite the extravaganza for me! In an effort to spice things up (no pun intended), allow my sweet servant-hearted mother a Christmas eve hiatus, and bring something to the table that led us back to the land of Jesus' earthly journey, I decided to cook an Israeli meal last night. I had every intention of taking pictures so that you could have a visual of my hard work, but alas, we were done eating before I realized my mistake. Either way, we had a delightful meal of chicken shwarma, falafel, kebobs, tabouleh, tropical fruit, pecan/raisin salad, cheese blintzs, and baklava. Praise God! This girl who used to have problems making canned tomato soup has actually learned a thing or two over the years! The meal was a fun experience- and complete with a menorah and a reading from the messianic Jewish Bible where Joseph is actually Yosef and Mary is Miryam and Bethlehem is Beit Le'chem. I'm truly learning to love the heritage of my faith and enjoy the Jewish culture/mindframe that Scripture speaks to. It's a joy to be able to share that experience, even to a small degree, with others!

It is my prayer that this day finds each of you with your eyes firmly fixed on Christ, in houses filled with the joy of family and friends, and with the perpetual reminder of how blessed we all have been over the last year!

No comments: