Thursday, March 11, 2010

Return of the Blogger

Wow... the last time I wrote was September?!? Really?!?! Life just has a way of speeding by, doesn't it? It has been half a year and a lot of life changes since that day in September. What sort of life changes, you may wonder. Well, let me see if I can lay out a few.
1. New city: As I stated in my last post, I moved to Fargo, ND. Not exactly what I would consider my city of choice, but it has its perks. Close to Bemidji so I can see family and friends now and again. Cheaper taxes than Minnesota. Friendly people. All in all, not half bad. :-) (though I must confess that I'm ready to move somewhere with palm trees and a year round temperature above freezing as soon as the Lord says "go." :-))

2. New job: I started my job as an RN at a nursing home in Fargo in late September. I can say what few people can: I honestly love my job. Love my co-workers. Love the residents. It suits who God has made me to be and challenges who God has yet to make me be. I feel blessed to work here.

3. New apartment: I live in a lovely one bedroom apartment in south Fargo. I must say though, I have never spent this much time cleaning. :-)

4. New stage of life: This winter, I married a man whom I love dearly. I truly believe that he is imperfectly perfect for me. The Lord uses him to encourage and challenge me day after day and sharing my life with him has been a very unexpected but blessed turn. As many of you know, I was set to be single and serve God overseas my whole life. I never set out to find a marriage partner and was more surprised than anyone to have met, dated, and married one all in less than a year. But I am excited to see what the Lord does in our lives and where He takes us. I am sure it will be no less an adventure side-by-side with Charles than it would have been single.

Well, this is a start. I have more to add to this list, but house-keeping tasks and laundry are calling my name.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

It was good to see you and talk with you a bit last week- I really like your blog, thanks for sharing your heart's ambition- it is encouraging and inspiring to others, including me!

Sarah said...

So good to hear what you have been up to the past few months! I have been anxiously awaiting an update! Congrats on getting married and the new job! How exciting! Would love to catch up with you sometime!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin from the McFarlanes in Tz. Great to hear from you again and to "meet" Charle's. Congrats all round.
All well here in sweaty Tz - we just celebrated HOPAC's 15th birthday - amazing to see what God has done in that time.
We head back to the UK in June, so it will be a year of big changes for us too - let us know if you are ever in UK and we'd love to see you!
blessings
Jane for us all