Since this is my first post since early February, I have much to update you on. First of all, I am no longer an employee at Rosewood on Broadway. While I was very blessed to have the experience at Rosewood over the last 18 months, I have taken a new position at the observation unit at Sanford hospital. Last night was my last night at Rosewood and it was certainly hard to say good-bye to some of the finest co-workers I've ever known, but I am excited for new experiences and a new season of my work life. Prior to beginning work at Sanford, I have a week and a half off to see my parents, spend some time with my husband, and enjoy our delightful yet mischievious now crawling 8 month old. :-) It's a good thing. The apartment is certainly in need of some increased baby proofing.
Speaking of babies, I just want to share with you all about something that has been on my heart the last week or so. Starting in 2007, a campaign called 40 days for Life was started (http://40daysforlife.com/about.cfm). I had heard about it before, but had never really looked into getting involved. The campaign involves silent prayer vigils outside of facilities that perform abortions, pleading with the Lord to intervene in our self-centered society that sees babies as a choice.
It's funny. I have never been pro-abortion or pro-choice. But having Makafui changes everything. I remember seeing her ultrasound pictures or just knowing that she was growing inside of me, but she seemed more impersonal then. Now I look at her and it just makes my heart melt.

It breaks my heart that babies like her are being killed in the name of convenience and yet, at the same time, a part of me can understand the fear and desperation that motivates many women to have them done. I pray that the Lord would give me opportunities to invest in women who are in this situation. All this to say, please join with me in praying for an end to abortion in this nation or joining a prayer vigil outside an abortion-performing facility in your area. And even as we are praying for babies to be saved from abortion, may we pray that all those babies the Lord saves would grow up in safe, loving homes where they witness firsthand the unconditional love of the Lord. Let us recognize that saving children starts in the womb and carries on from there.
If you are interested in learning more about the atrocity of abortion, check out the book Unplanned by Abby Johnson, a past planned-parenthood leader who saw the reality of abortion and joined the pro-life movement. Her book may disturb you, but the reality of abortion is disturbing!
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd
Thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment