Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adventures in Driving

Here is the video I promised you of Kolkata driving. I must say, when I came to Tanzania, I said, "I've never seen driving this bad before!" Then I went to Afghanistan and wondered "How on earth could it be possible that the driving is even worse?!?!?" Now I'm here and a similar question plagues me. All I have to say is praise God for His protection.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Erin, love the videos! The driving seems like you can go where ever you want..my kind of driving! Hope the trip is going better and you find the strength you need for the 5 weeks you are there.

Unknown said...

Randy and I went by car from Jodphur to Ahemdabad (8 hours!) and he always tells people how I held onto him for dear life in the back seat!! No one can understand Indian traffic without having been it. And the horn honking! Thanks so much for the photos and videos. I'm following your progress daily and glad to hear that you're well, as I ask God for every morning. XXOO

Gao Fei and Nian Ci said...

Erin - Greg & I will keep you in our prayers as you serve the Lord in Kolkatta!
It was fun seeing the driving video & remembering back to when we were there in Jan. 2008. The driving sure is crazy - isn't it? Bet no one falls asleep driving those taxis or rickshaws or CNG's! Take a picture of a "human" rickshaw for me - I never did & wished I had!
Thanks for all you are learning & doing to shine for Jesus!
Love, Jean Giles