This is the road by where I am staying. The hospital I am working at is the large building you see in the background. :-) Anyone want to come with me again sometime?
It's been a good day, my friends. I began the day with breakfast followed by devotionals at the hospital. The chaplain spoke about facing the day in the name of Jesus' and I definitely think that is something I needed to hear today.
After devotionals, I spent 7 hours in the "Operation Theatre" area. I watched a craniectomy, a D & E, an arthroscopy, and a cleft lip repair. It was GREAT! I do have to say, however, that a few things surprised me. Let me give you three examples pictorally.
The required OR footware was not what I expected. Especially considering the pools of blood we were occasionally standing in...
Surgeons/Anesthetists on cellphones right over the sterile field.... hmmmm... infection control anyone?
Guess what? You can take pictures in the OR. Craniectomy anyone:? :-)
I'm off to get ready for bed. Theoretically, I'm going to one of Mother Teresa's houses tomorrow AM, but I have no idea how I'm getting there so we'll see. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment